Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mockery Time!


A photographer at work took this picture and offered it to me for this blog (thanks, Steve!). It’s a piece – piece being the operative word – by a Chinese artist, but other than that, I know nothing about it.

I have no comment about its artistic merit and do not mean to belittle the artist's work. But I'm going to. I feel irresistibly obliged to mock it, and invite you to join me in doing so. Unless you're the artist, in which case, I'm really very sorry for making fun of your work and truly hope that some day you'll get around to finishing it.

Now, to get started:

* You’re not half the child your brother Greg is.

* Um, Mrs Johnson, we’re not sure if it’s a boy or a girl, and we might have to go back in.

* Oh, I didn’t notice the lower half was missing; I was busy doing my nails.

* Mrs Wilson, just what DID you smoke during pregnancy?

* She put the “mid” in midwife.

* We’re afraid the child might have some bladder control issues later in life.

* There you are, Mrs Jones. You get the other half when you’ve paid the bill.

* Mrs Evans, exactly how much drywall were you eating each day?

No comments:

Post a Comment