Monday, March 16, 2009

Top Five - Happy Together

I was watching High Fidelity at the weekend and enjoyed the "top five" lists the guys kept creating. So I thought I would do a few of my own from time-to-time. I was going to start with Top Five covers of great '60s songs, but flagged that one when I started looking at just the first on my random list.

So here it is, the Top Five covers of the Turtles' old classic, Happy Together.

5. I'm not a fan of dance mixes, which is why this version by Supremacy Studio is further down the ranks.



4. Well, the next few are kind of pop-punk. Fastest version was by New Found Glory, but I'm a bit of a Weezer fan, so chose their version instead.



3. Despite it being used in a Lindsay Lohan flick, I quite like Simple Plan's cover.



2. Oddly enough, another dance mix. I liked what DJ Kicken did with the song. Somehow sticks with the spirit of it without going OTT.



1. They got off their bicycle and produced this excellent cover. It kind of colours within the musical lines while still doing its own thing. Here's the Flobots:

No comments:

Post a Comment